September 30, 2020
Are you getting a room in your home repainted and want to get the most out of the vibrant color you’ve chosen? It’s a good idea to know how to keep your paint from fading and what causes dull interior paint to maintain the impressive results that your professional painter has accomplished. Read on to learn about how this pesky issue that many homeowners deal with happens and how you can stop it.
Why Does Interior Paint Fade?
If you’ve went through all of the trouble picking out a gorgeous paint color that compliments your home, the last thing you’d want to happen is have it look faded and dull after a year or two. This is a common issue that many homeowners face, but fortunately, it’s preventable! In order to take protective measures, it’s a good idea to know what causes this problem in the first place. Some of the most common reasons that this occurs include:
- Choosing a lower quality of paint to cut on costs.
- Fluctuating temperature in the room breaks down the paint color and adhesive.
- Several windows expose interior paint to direct sunlight on a regular basis.
- Not properly preparing the surface of the walls before painting them.
How Long Does it Take for Paint to Fade?
The average lifespan of interior paint, when it isn’t exposed to the factors that that are known to cause it to fade, is between seven and 10 years. Due to its exposure to harmful UV lights and temperature fluctuations, exterior paint needs to be redone more frequently than interior paint.
How Can You Stop Interior Paint from Fading?
The technical term for paint fade is photodegradation. To make sure that this doesn’t happen to you, here are a few helpful tips:
- Choosing a lighter color of paint helps reflect light instead of absorbing it.
- Purchase a higher quality of paint that features better ingredients like pigments and adhesives.
- Work with a professional painter to make sure the job’s done right.
- Put blinds or curtains on over windows and close them whenever you’re not in the room.
- Consult with your painter on what type of paint is the best for the room you’re redoing.
After investing time, money, and effort into transforming your home, small actions like blocking out the sunlight and choosing the right paint type are worthy investments to help preserve the results!
About Platinum Painting of Keller
At Platinum Painting of Keller, our team of expert residential painters takes great pride in our work, which is why we proudly offer a satisfaction guarantee. We are also completely bonded and insured to provide you with a stress-free experience. We’re more than happy to help homeowners pick out colors and provide helpful guidance throughout the entire process. For questions or to schedule a free estimate, visit our website or call 817-422-0985.
No comments yet.
RSS feed for comments on this post.
Sorry, the comment form is closed at this time.